Before starting to play you will need to know how make a shuffleboard scoreboard. The points are counted like this:
- one puck in every slot: 20 points
- two pucks in every slot:40 points
- three pucks in every slot: 60 points
- four pucks in every slot: 80 points
- five pucks in every slot: 100 points
- six pucks in every slot: 120 points
- seven pucks in every slot: 140 points
- After the equalization you count the left over pucks in every slot. The number above the slot indicates the points you get for that puck.
- Maximum amount of points: 148
(7 pucks in all four slots=28 + 2 leftovers in slot number 4)
If you throw 148 points in two turns, you get 1 extra puck. So you can make 152.
For example on the photo on the left:
- 1 puck in each slot = 20 points
- 1 extra puck in slot number 2 = 1 x 2 = 2 points
- 3 extra pucks in slot number 4 = 3 x 4 = 12 points
2 extra pucks in slot number 1 = 2 x 2 = 2 points
- Makes a total of 36 points on the shuffleboard scoreboard.